December 25, 2018
Brian is one of the most accomplished consultants in the world and is now ranked No.2 in the world for consulting on Market Structure based on Patrick Young’s 1,000 most influential people in Market Structure, based on over 30 years experience including
- 3 years investment banking experience
- 3 years as Head of the Exchanges Consulting Group, Price Waterhouse London
- 8 years as an insourced executive including
- 3 years as CEO, CFO, CTO of two SME exchanges
- insourced Strategy Consultant for SIX Swiss Exchange
- 2 years as the Interim Head of Finance for the Ministry of Justice, UK Government managing a £7mn fund and £300mn of trust
- a total of 33 years capital markets work experience including working on post-trade structures since 1985. Brian designed one of the first CSDs in the world – the Malaysian Central Depository.
Brian founded BTA Consulting (BTA) in 1991 and has lead it ever since. BTA has delivered over 110 financial market projects. Brian has advised on projects for Governments, the private sector Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs – exchanges, CCPs, CSDs), intermediaries, registrars, listed companies and IFI projects (World Bank, EBRD, EIB, EU OJEC, US AID), working across all continents. Brian has also worked on most of the post-trade systems around the world, and BTA maintains a template of functional and non-functional requirements for FMIs.
Brian is renowned for solving complex problems that others cannot resolve and we have delivered major projects where “big name” advisors have failed. Brian is extremely professional and honest, providing totally objective and analytical advice.
In the last 5 years, Brian has worked substantially on trading and post-trade projects in the EEA, Switzerland, Sri Lanka, Poland, Ukraine, Georgia, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Norway, Iceland and Tanzania. Brian has worked on a range of trading and post-trade systems €MTS, Euronext UTP, Cinnober, TCS-BaNCS, Montran, Percival, LSEG MIT, STT, Nasdaq, proprietary systems.
Brian has worked on many projects of national importance involving multiple stakeholders (Government, Exchanges, Central Bank, Banks, Brokers, Custodians, CSDs, IFIs etc). Brian speaks regularly at conferences.
Brian holds a BA (Hons) First Class Honours Degree from the Victoria University of Manchester and qualified with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (1984) with Arthur Andersen & Co, London.