December 12, 2017
Feb 2010 to November 2012
2.5 years of strategic advice to SIX Swiss Exchange including stakeholder management for key strategic initiatives, design, development and implementation of new markets (SLS dark pool, corporate bond trading, ESMA requirements, enhanced order types), fee re-modelling to improve liquidity while also growing turnover and EBIT, designing the strategy to retain the national marketplace rather than sell to international mega exchange groups, grow turnover without compromising EBIT and introduce new products, services and features.
BTA Consulting seconded Brian Taylor as Chief Strategy Advisor to the new CEO of SIX Swiss Exchange to achieve the following:
- Design a new strategy to achieve improved product and service positioning of all key products and services in Switzerland and Europe.
- Implement a new “Dark Pool” trading system with integrated CCP clearing taking advantage of MIFID 1 waivers
- Design of a new corporate bond trading service taking advantage of new technologies to identify a range of new trade matching models (fuzzy matching) and liquidity discovery with integrated CCP clearing.
- Performance improvement – benchmarking IT effectiveness, customer service levels, market share and costs
- Technology Quantum Leap – leading to the development of the fastest trading system in the world creating a win back strategy on Pan European volumes
- Fee remodelling to take advantage of new HFT/algo/principal trading, leading to the re-design of fee structures to create turnover and EBIT improvements
- A range of compliance matters.
- Cultural change – this is a critical part of benchmarking as it is the people and their hunger for excellence and competition that can create success
- Contribution to group strategy to retain the importance of Switzerland as a financial centre.